Spicy Black Bean Soup
- Finely chop onions, celery, carrot and cilantro.
- Heat the olive in a large dutch oven or soup pot over medium heat until simmering. Add the onions, celery and carrot and a dash of salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are soft, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic, cumin and red pepper flakes (optional) and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Pour in the beans and broth and bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Cook, reducing heat as necessary to maintain a gentle simmer, until the broth is flavourful and the beans are very tender, about 30 minutes.
- Transfer about 2 cups of the soup to a stand blender and blend until smooth.
- Return pureed soup to the pot, stir in cilantro, lime juice, salt and pepper to taste. Serve and enjoy.
The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Copyright © 2023 Prospre Nutrition Inc.