Macaroni and Cheese with Vegetables
- Cook macaroni as per instructions on the package. Pasta should still be slightly firm. Drain and set aside.
- Dice the onion and mince the garlic. Then, in a saucepan, heat the margarine over medium heat. Once it is fully melted add the onion and garlic and cook for a minute.
- Add the mixed vegetables and stir until the vegetables are heated through (about 5 minutes).
- Stir in the flour and keep cooking until the flour is fully absorbed. Add the skim milk and keep cooking, while stirring, until it begins to bubble (around 5 minutes). Then add in the cheese and stir until it is melted into the sauce.
- Remove it from the heat and fold in the macaroni until they are coated with the sauce.
The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Copyright © 2021 Prospre Nutrition Inc.