Spinach, frozen, chopped or leaf, unprepared (Includes foods for USDA's Food Distribution Program)
Search All Foods
Full Nutrition Profile
Using default Daily Values from FDA.
The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Detailed Nutrient Information
Trans Hexadec 9 Enoic Acid
Conjugated Linoleic Acids (CLAs)
Alpha Linolenic Acid (ALA)
Gamma Linolenic Acid (GLA)
Eicosatrienoic Acid (ETE)
Dihomo Gamma Linolenic Acid (DGLA)
Eicosatetraenoic Acid (ETA)
Eicosapentaenoic Acid (EPA)
Heneicosapentaenoic Acid (HPA)
Docosapentanoic Acid (DPA)
Docosahexanoic Acid (DHA)
1 cup (156g)
1 package (10 oz) (284g)
Nutrient Sources ‡
- Excellent source of Riboflavin
- Excellent source of Vitamin A
- Excellent source of Vitamin A IU
- Excellent source of Vitamin E
- Excellent source of Vitamin K
- Excellent source of Magnesium
- Excellent source of Copper
- Excellent source of Manganese
- Good source of Vitamin B6
- Good source of Calcium
- Good source of Iron
- Good source of Selenium
‡ - As defined by Health Canada guidelines.
Nutrition Facts Source: USDA
Proportions of Macros
- High Protein
- Low Fat
- Moderate Carbs
Foods with similar macro profiles:
Profile of Protein in Item
Essential Amino Acids
Essential amino acids are critical for building protein. For more information, see the Wikipedia page on them.
Protein Quality Score: 79%†
Limiting Amino Acid: Histidine
- Some foods that are a good source of Histidine include meat, fish, poultry, nuts, seeds, and whole grains.
100g of Frozen Spinach contains 3.6g of protein, which is about the same as 0.6 eggs, 0.1 chicken breasts, or 0.3 cups (71g) of black beans.† - Not adjusted for digestibility. See the tables here for reference.
Profile of Carbohydrates in Item
Fraction of Carbs by Type
* Other includes oligosaccharides and other polysaccharides.
Estimated Net Carbs:
High in Fiber.
Profile of Fat in Item
Types of Fats
Low in Saturated Fat.
Zero Trans Fat.
Low in Cholesterol.
Copyright © 2021 Prospre Nutrition Inc.